Galerti Gianluca is leading Tor des Géants 2016. The race is a unique footrace that has met with a sensational success since its first edition. The Tor des Géants®, in the heart of the Italian Alps, is the world’s longest ultra trail (in terms of both elevation gain and kilometers) which crosses the entire Aosta Valley in a single stage.
Tor des Geants 2016 route will run along the Alta Via 1 and Alta Via 2 of the Valle d’Aosta, with the start and finishing line in Courmayeur, and will cover a total of around 336km (200 miles), with an altitude range of 24,000 meters. The landscape at the foot of the region’s Four-Thousanders makes the route especially spectacular.
Along the route there will be a number of rest, rescue and refreshment points, as well as seven larger bases that will divide the route up into seven sectors:
- Courmayeur – Valgrisenche: 50 km 4747 D+
- Valgrisenche – Cogne: 58 km 5082 D+
- Cogne – Donnas: 45 km 2698 D+
- Donnas – Gressoney St Jean: 54 km 6086 D+
- Gressoney St Jean – Valtournenche: 33 km 3187 D+
- Valtournenche – Ollomont: 48 km 4904 D+
- Ollomont – Courmayeur: 50 km 4210 D+
Andrea Macchi & Julio Aldecoa